Some of you may remember my list from Shmoocon 2009, here's the list for Defcon 17:
10. Defcon is one the largest computer security conference in the world with over 10,000 attendees this year (According to reports from Defcon staff).
[CORRECTION: Reports are coming in about the number of attendees at Defcon, and the RSA security conference. If anyone has a reliable source to get numbers from both conferences this year I would be interested. Thanks!]
9. "Hack Naked" shirts sell well at Defcon, pink "Hack Naked" shirts are a hit and we need to print more because we've only got 5 left in inventory. Another interesting factoid, the Defcon 7 t-shirt included a logo similar to the Hack Naked girl on our shirts.
8. SSL is broken, in a variety of ways, not "panic now" broken, and not "do nothing about it" broken, but somewhere in between.
7. Getting a Mohawk just for Defcon is lame, except if it benefits a good organization like EFF.
6. Lock picking is a useful skill, and comes in handy when you need to open the doors between two of the hottest parties at Defcon, PaulDotCom and 303 :)
5. There was no FAIL blog party.....FAIL!
4. Chris Nickerson does not look "sexy" in a women's tank top (click at your own risk!), or give good lap dances. Actually, none of the security podcasters looked "sexy" in the ladies tank top (gouging my eyes out now...).
3. There is no better group to host a party with than i-hacked heavsnt and surbo. DJ Great Scott, fog machine, laser line, t-shirt cannon. Nuf said. Special thanks to Tenable Network Security for sponsoring our party.
2. Going to the shooting range with PaulDotCom listeners is fun, especially when it involved fully automatic weapons!
1. Getting the entire PaulDotCom crew together and going to Defcon to hang out with friends, hack, and talk security is totally awesome!